Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pasta Primavera

Hello all :)

Today I made my version of pasta primavera. That's what I call it at least. I have no idea if it actually resembles real pasta primavera. Anyways, here is what I do:

My original recipe calls for:

*Whole milk
*Fresh spinach
*Cherry or grape tomatoes
*Mushrooms
*Garlic powder
*Onion powder
*Garlic
*S/P
*Canola oil
*Asiago cheese
*Parmesan cheese
*Flour for thickening the sauce

I almost always make a variation. Like today, I didn't have asiago but I had shredded mozzarella so I used that. Also I didn't have whole milk(we almost never have whole milk) or spinach. But I work with what I have.

First I saute the tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and spinach in some canola oil. I sprinkle some garlic powder and S/P on the veggies. While I'm doing that I start a pot of boiling water for the angel hair pasta. Then once the veggies are done I put them on a separate plate and pour about 2 cups of milk in the pan I used for the veggies. The measurements are not exact...I usually eyeball everything. I turn the heat to medium and add asiago and parm cheese. Again, no measurements, just taste it. Once it starts boiling, I turn the heat down to low and add some flour to thicken it up along with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. This time I added the juice of half a lemon and I really loved how it turned out. Oh, and of course add the sauce to the drained angel hair :)


So there you have it. This is pretty versatile. I almost always change it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment