Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mini Pot Pies/Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

So my internet is finally working well enough to make another post :)

 I recently came across this recipe for chicken pot pockets from, http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1214 So I decided to try and make them. I got back from the grocery store and discovered that unfortunately I forgot to buy the large egg roll wrappers but had everything else and also had wonton wrappers that were in my freezer. So, I improvised. Here is what I came up with:

Mini Chicken Pot Pies!

                                                                   


The only things I changed from the original recipe is using the wonton wrappers instead of the egg roll wrappers. Then I placed a wrapper into a muffin tin, put the filling in, then added another wrapper on top, squishing it in the sides. Make sure you spray the tin with cooking spray first!! The one without a top is because I was short ONE wrapper...argh!

                                                             

So that is how I made mini pot pies :) I thought they were pretty yummy! And low cal too! I served these for dinner with a salad on the side as pictured. I made buttermilk ranch dressing to go along with it. The original recipe for the ranch comes from, http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/oven-fried-pickles-with-skinny-herb.htmlI did not have greek yogurt or white balsamic vinegar so I left those things out. I also added in dried chives. I would recommend the greek yogurt since without it, it's a little runny but not too bad. It still was yummy, and again, low cal! 

                                                      

On another note, my husband is finally back from the field! Came home a little early :) Now to get to work on a baby ;)

4 comments:

  1. that looks soooo yummy, im going to have to try this after a trip to the grocery store! and im excited for the baby part too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looks like a recipe I should try! Also good luck on making a baby ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this recipe on my pinterest and i have been wanting to make it!! It looks so good! I made cupcake tacos yesterday and they were so good!! I think i like them better then regular tacos cuz of the wonton shells. I am soo excited that your finally gonna start on the baby! YAY!! Cant wait! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cupcake tacos? Mmmm that sounds fabulous!! Is it on your Pinterest?

    Thanks everyone :)

    ReplyDelete