Friday, September 28, 2012

Pepperoni Rolls

This pay period has been quite long, and when that happens our kitchen is pretty bare. So one needs to be creative :)  I had Hormel Turkey Pepperoni Minis and some American cheese. I also ALWAYS have yeast. I buy the jar and keep it in the freezer(a tip from my brother!) so it lasts how ever long I need it to. Anyways, the idea popped into my head to make some sort of pepperoni bread. I decided to use THIS recipe for dinner rolls and tweaked it.


I added the pepperoni in the middle(about 5 pieces), then some cheese. I left a couple without cheese on purpose. 


My little guy was of course helping mommy :)


Then I pursed the top of each roll to cover the cheese and pepperoni. Cooking spray went on top, along with basil and oregano, followed by a little bit of shredded cheddar. 

12 minutes later....


Yumm! They turned out very tasty. The top of the rolls tasted like Subway's italian herb and cheese bread. I recommend using regular sized pepperoni though and some more cheese. 

Now for my son's fall and Halloween art because I love showing him off :)


Thanks for reading and have a great day all!!!




2 comments:

  1. MMM...those look yummy!! I will have to try them, I love the italian herbs and cheese bread from subway! Also very cute projects Ray! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really loved them! I think I want to try to make subs using this bread with the herbs...yumm!

    ReplyDelete