Sunday, October 14, 2012

S'mores Oatmeal

It has been getting a *little* cooler outside, and it makes me wanna bake and eat oatmeal. I don't care much for oatmeal but I have been doing a lot of experimenting and as long as I have some sort of chocolate in it, I am happy. Last night I saw marshmallows, chocolate chips, and oatmeal in the pantry. So I decided that I would try to make s'mores oatmeal in the morning.


It turned out really tasty and is about 300 cals for a serving :)

All I did was use old fashioned oats, added 1/4 cup marshmallows(leave a few out to top the oatmeal with), stirred till they were melted, added 1 tbsp chocolate chips(leave a few out for the top), then topped with the leftover choco chips, marshmallows and added a crumbled animal cracker on top. I would have used 1 square off a graham cracker if I had any but they animal cracker worked :) 


Yesterday, we went to get Ray shoes for fall and winter. I am not a huge fan of Kmart but they do have good sales on shoes. We got 3 pairs for him and boots for myself for only 50.00! Also, I discovered that my child wears size TEN. Talk about big feet! He is only 2.5! He has been doing so well with potty training. Within 10 days he was staying dry at naptime and pooping on the potty. It feels weird not having to wash cloth diapers anymore. He uses pull ups(cheap off brand of course) for bedtime.

David goes to the field tomorrow for a couple weeks so we won't be getting to the pumpkin patch till he comes home for a weekend. Then he goes back out for 3 weeks and will be back in time for my birthday :)  

Our plans to go to Tuscon in December will probably not be happening, as money always gets tight around this time of year. We *might* get another chance before we leave El Paso. Which is hopefully soon. 

Time to go do some laundry and spend time with the hubby before he leaves. Have a good day all!


No comments:

Post a Comment