Thursday, August 23, 2012

Baked Potato Bar

It's no secret that I am very frugal when it comes to food. I HATE wasting it. So we have a big bag of potatoes and I decided we would have a baked potato bar for dinner :)  It worked out really well!


To choose from I put out: black olives, pizza sauce, provolone cheese, shredded colby jack cheese, sour cream, real bacon bits, dried chives, parmesan cheese, butter, and nacho cheese seasoning. I always microwave potatoes for 5-15 min depending on how many I have. Then I put olive oil on them and sprinkle the skin with garlic powder(learned from Brandi!) Then I put them in a preheated 475 degree oven or if you don't wanna wait just use your broiler...but watch the skin so it doesn't burn. I like it crispy on the outside.

We had fun putting our potatoes together and here are the finished products:


Ray(on top)had a pizza potato with black olives, shredded cheese, and sauce. David(lower left)had pretty much everything. lol. And I had sour cream, chives(I LOVE chives), bacon bits and cheese. YUMMMMY! 

What do YOU put on baked potatoes?


No comments:

Post a Comment