Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cleaning Solution Update

Ivy got her DTAP shot yesterday, so this weekend mommy is taking her to get her ears pierced! I'm thinking pearls :)

Update on the cleaning solution I made on my last entry: It works GREAT! It does have a vinegary(is that a word? lol) smell but you can smell the lemon as well and I'm sure if you left it to sit for longer that the vinegar smell wouldn't be as strong. I have found it makes an excellent furniture polish and gets rid of dust quite well. I also have been using it on the kitchen counter and it cuts through everything. I need to get a spray bottle, but for now I just dip a cloth into the solution.

As I was browsing my Pinterest boards a week ago, I found a pin about regrowing green onions. I had some available and I love these things and always use them, so I gave it a try. All you have to do is place them in some water on your windowsill and trim the tops when they get too long. I then cut them up and place in an empty water bottle in the freezer. Word to the wise: pat the onions that you cut really well with a towel to get moisture off. It helps not make them soggy when you use them.


Recently, I have been working on our budget and trying hard to save. David has a retirement account, but we need to look into other saving accounts as well and also want to plan a Disney vacation someday :) 
I found these money envelope templates from One Good Thing By Jillee
I printed them out with some cardstock that I had around because it's pretty. I am trying to cut our grocery bill down to 75.00 a week not including Ivy's formula. We don't have to worry about diapers too often because we use cloth diapers except for at night and when going out. Same goes for wipes.

 It's gonna be a challenge but I like challenges :)


2 comments:

  1. aww! I totally love the idea of getting Ivy's ears pierced! She will look even cuter! :) And the cleaning solution sounds easy to make. I always wondered if the vinegar would still smell "vinegary" (lol) afterwards. Maybe I will give it a try! Household cleaners are expensive and smell so strong! Vinegar is a lot healthier....and the envelope method is a great idea! I saw that on the one of the blogs I read a lot that I found on pinterest and its great to put it all organized into envelopes. I have tried it before it is just sticking to it that is hard... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that I never "followed" your blog...probably cuz since I didn't have one it never occurred to me to do it! Lol! So I followed you last night!

    ReplyDelete